Great Britain Diplomatic Files/Hackett Papers - Box 34 Folder Titles List
The documents in the Great Britain Diplomatic Files/Hackett Papers are original evidence.
They are presented here in both original and text converted formats,
although in general, Maps, Charts, Tables and Photographs were not
converted into text. Text documents are "keyword" searchable,
but have been edited from the orignal, meaning that handwriting
and signatures has been deciphered, and OCR errors have been corrected.
Original documents serve as snapshots in time, and also as
touchstones by which the researcher can judge the text conversions.
**Click on a folder title to view list of original documents**
Military Situation September 1940 Index
Diplomatic Correspondence Great Britain: October-December 1940 Index
- Correspondence, telegrams dated between 9/1/40 and 9/29/40. Correspondents include: Lord Lothian and Nevile Butler.
- Topic: All correspondence and telegrams addressed to FDR relevant to military situation.
Diplomatic Correspondence. Great Britain: Military Situation-Oct. 1940 Index
- Correspondence, reports, memoranda, and notes dated between 10/1/40-12/20/40.
- Correspondents include FDR, Winston Churchill, Cordell Hull, King George II, Morgenthau, Margot Oxford, and others.
- Topics include: Bombing of English cities, and British/American relations.
Diplomatic Correspondence. Great Britain: Military Situation -10/31/40-11/29/40. Index
- Correspondence and telegrams dated between 9/29/40 and 10/31/40.
- Topic: All correspondence and telegrams to FDR on military situation.
Diplomatic Corresp. Great Britain: Military Situation: December 1940 Index
- Includes correspondence and telegrams dated between 10/31/40 and 11/29/40 relating to military situation. Correspondents: Nevile Butler, Lord Lothian.
- Topics: Daily updates from Butler and Lothian to FDR on military situation; "private message" from Prime Minister to FDR on his re-election.
Great Britain: 1941 Index
- Correspondence and telegrams dated between 11/28/40 and 12/31/40.
- Correspondents include: Lord Lothian, Nevile Butler.
- Topics: Correspondence and telegrams addressed to FDR on military situation.
PAG JJH:Papers as Governor, John A. and John M. Hackett Index
- Correspondence, memorandum, reports, and conversations dated between 1/4/1941 and 12/31/1941
- Correspondents include: FDR, Sumner Welles, Lord Halifax, and George Duke of Kent
- Topics: Correspondence and reports on the bombing in London, memos on FDR's visits to other countries, letters to FDR regarding him as the leader of the world.
- Correspondence and memoranda dated between 1/18/12 - 2/5/32. Correspondents include: Franklin D. Roosevelt, John M. Hackett, James Roosevelt, Edward Lanzansky.
- Topics: Matters pertaining to Roosevelt properties, including taxes, claims, rents.